AW YEAH TIME FOR A GIVEAWAY
I’ve seriously meant to do this for the past two milestones but… ehhhh it never happened.
So I’ve decided to do a sampler of my fandoms as well as a bit of an apology for people I’ve taunted with sights of delicious baked goods when they don’t have ovens. As such, this giveaway will have two parts! If you’re following me, you can win both, but if you aren’t, you can still win one.
First up: THE FANDOM SAMPLER
This is available to anyone, regardless of whether you’re following me or not! This will ship from Amazon. You will receive trades of:
- Marvel: Black Widow v4: The Name of the Rose. This is one of my favorite Natasha stories. Collecting the entirety of V4, t’s written by Marjorie Liu, drawn by Daniel Acuña, and is not only very good, but gorgeous as well. Natasha’s minis have all set a very high personal standard for comics for me, and there are very few that I think actually live up to it.
- Captain America and Bucky: the Life Story of Bucky Barnes. If you’re interested in a quick summary of comic Bucky Barnes’s life and don’t want to wade through ten years of modern comics and dozens more older ones, this is a very good starting point. It expands on Bucky’s life from joining the army, his days with Cap, and his life as the Winter Soldier. I enjoyed this series a lot!
- IDW: Lazarus vol 1. Set in a post-apocalyptic future where territories are no longer divided by geographical lines but financial ones (think the 1% turned to the .000001% and owning 99.9999% of the world’s wealth), Lazaruses are elite members of the Families who serve as bodyguards. The story follows Forever, a Lazarus, and not only does the series feature a kickass, nonsexualized female character, but is my favorite ongoing title coming out right now. (Tw for violence)
- DC: Aquaman vol 1. Oh, Aquaman, that loser superhero? WRONG. In an extremely unprecedented move by DC, they managed to produce a decent title for the New 52! More than decent, it’s really good! Laugh all you want at his reputation, Arthur Curry is not amused by the jokes and proves time and time again that you really don’t want to mess with him. (Plus, he’s a babe, and we get shirtless scenes. What’s not to like?)
- Under the Red Hood. Have a thing for dead sidekicks? Enjoy crying a lot over fictional characters? Jason Todd is the way to go. After Batman took him off the streets, he became the second Robin, developing a close bond with him before he died at the hands at the Joker three years later. Became one of those names synonymous with Bucky for being a painful sidekick death and never coming back. (Except we know what happened to Bucky. Now imagine if Bucky hated Steve for his death.) Yeah. Fun for the whole family!
- I was going to include X-Factor here because it’s the actual best comic I’ve ever read but I think it’s out of print so I’ll probably get it for you digitally.
- Star Trek 2009 blu-ray (or DVD, if you don’t have a blu-ray player). If you already have it (or don’t want it) I’ll get you volume 1 of the reboot comics~
Second up: THE BAKED GOODS STASH
This is only available to my followers. Sorry guys! This will ship from home.
Unfortunately I don’t have non-stock pictures for most of these since I don’t want to bake them yet. I should note that I can do my best to make dietary concessions for these (allergies, vegan, gluten-free, etc.), but I’ve never actually baked with a lot of replacements, so I can’t promise how they’ll turn out.
- Your choice of a loaf of Pumpkin bread (which I have multiple testimonies that it’s the best goddamn pumpkin bread they’ve ever tasted) or Lemon Poppy Seed bread, if you’re not into pumpkin.
- Swirled sugar cookies with nonpareils on the edges, your choice of color. Alternatively, Starfleet insignia-shaped sugar cookies with nonpareils, since I’ve been itching to give my new molds a spin.
- Peppermint bark coated pretzels. They’re like white chocolate coated pretzels but a thousand times better. I think some random pretzel company has started selling these lately, but don’t be fooled. They are merely phonies.
- Vanilla blondies (or brownies) with white chocolate and butterscotch chips. I don’t like chocolate so I make this whenever I have a craving for brownie-textured things. I can totally adjust the recipe with cocoa powder, though.
- These things because I really want to try them but I don’t think I’ll be able to eat the whole batch.
- Maybe something with s’mores or salted caramel idk I have a few recipes I’ve been wanting to try but I don’t know if they’re any good.
Also I might ship you something with a bunch of digital comics on it if you want i mean what
- Ends on my birthday, May 15th, 2014, so I’ll actually remember said date. =__=;
- Be okay with sending me your address
- Have your ask box open
- You get one like and one reblog. I mean, you can reblog it more than once, but tumblr won’t pick it up. I’ll just be counting the entries once.
- No giveaway blogs. I’ll be checking. And please don’t use side blogs in addition to your main one—I’d like everyone to have a fair chance.
- You don’t have to be following me to win the first giveaway, but it would be cool if you checked out my blog.
- You must be following me to win the second giveaway. If I draw a follower on the first go, they win both. If I draw someone who isn’t a follower, they get the comics/movie and I’ll do another drawing for the food. I will also be checking this.
- I can’t afford to ship outside the US, sorry. However, if you’re international and want to pay the difference in shipping or work something else out, let me know.
- If you already have one of the comics listed, I might consider replacements of similar value, but on a case by case basis. Followers are more likely to get consideration here.
- I’ve probably forgotten something so I might update this post if I have.
Bucky Cosplay, for Winter Soldier. I’m the one in the top picture.
(I had my phone and a brownie in the thigh holster)
Raise your hand
- Shepard: I think that ride's been rough on you, Garrus...you've got a new scar every time I see you. Losing a step there in your old age ?
- Garrus: Raise your hand if you haven't been killed before. [raises hand]
- Shepard: Touché.